Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Breasts different sizes

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Breasts different sizes
My breasts have been different sizes for quite some time. I always hear from people,"oh. Its just the normal thing for a girl." But I dont think this is normal. If I had to guess, I would say one is an A and the other is a good sized B maybe C. I would say C. I am nervous about going to a doctor and can't get the nerve up to going. Is this something serious?

Golfer
Dear Golfer:  Almost every woman's breasts are different sizes, with some differences being more dramatic than others.  It is not unheard of for a woman's breasts to be a whole size different.  Some women in this situation choose to augment the smaller breast.  Regardless of the size difference, you should be getting a clinical breast examination every 3 years at an absolute minimun (assuming others have been normal).  Make that appointment.