Breast Cancer Community
Bug bites on breasts? IBC? Or..??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Bug bites on breasts? IBC? Or..??

Hello. Recently after showering, i was standing in front of the mirror getting dressed when i noticed a red bug bite on my left breast near my areola.(Just about directly right of my areola) I googled and found things about IBC and got a little nervous. I decided to keep an eye on it and see if anything changes. I also found another one about two fingers width below my right areola. This one, however, seems to have a bit of a "white head" to it. More like the tip of a pimple. They're both red and not itchy. And my breasts havent seem to changed other than that. No swelling or anything of that sort. However, i cant stop myself from being nervous. I don't have a doctor currently, nor do i have insurance. I've had rashes under my breasts before caused by my bras and/or heat. And i did happen to wear a brand new bra the day i noticed the first one. (Silly me threw it on without washing it because i had to run to work) Could this be an irritation from the bra? Or simply bug bites or pimples? And are there any home remedies i could try to see if it goes away before visiting a doctor? I thought about trying Neosporin but was a little nervous to do so. Also, i have no history of breast cancer in my family. Thank you so incredibly much for reading.
Tags: ibc
Hi.
From your description, it could be a bug bite or an irritation from wearing the new bra, just like what you mentioned.  It doesn’t seem to be an inflammatory breast cancer (IBC).  You can observe for any changes in both breasts like increase in the size of the previous lesions.   I’m not sure if Neosporin can help since this drug is used for infection.  It would be best to consult your doctor for proper examination and management.  
Good luck.
You took a big weight off of my shoulders. Thank you for your speedy response. God Bless.