Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Bump on breast

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Bump on breast

About two weeks ago I noticed a little red bump on my right breast about the size of a pencil eraser head.  I can feel it in the skin of my breast but it doesn't feel like it's in the fatty tissue of my breast.  The bump has gone down but I can still feel it.  I'm 19 years old and freaking out.  Please help me.

Thank you
kecia
Dear kecia:  Since the bump has gone down, it is most likely that this was a pimple or clogged pore.  This is common and can occur anywhere, including the breast.  Give it some time and it will probably go away completely.  If it does not or if it gets larger, have your doctor take a look.
At age 19, a bump as you describe, in the skin of the breast, red, and getting smaller, is almost certainly a skin thing and not a breast thing. Meaning an infection of a hair follicle, or sweat gland, or oil gland. Applying warm moist heat, such as by putting a washcloth in hot (not too hot!) water and holding it on the area should help. It could end up looking like a pimple, and drain some pus. If it doesn't go away soon, it should be checked. But it doesn't at all sound like something serious.
i have a red bump on the left side of my right breast it is very painful when i move it hurtsand i think is gettin bigger at some time it look like a pimple at first.