Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Bumps on nipple

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Bumps on nipple

I recently noticed a bump on one of my nipples that looks like a whitehead pimple and have been keeping an eye on it for about a week. It looks like it may have gotten a little smaller since I first noticed it, but I am still concerned. I know it is normal for women to have bumps on their nipples, but is there any easy way to differentiate between "normal" and abnormal bumps?

I am a 24 year-old female with some family history of breast cancer (my paternal grandmother had it in her  late 60's and survived).
Dear catlady0214, The skin on the breast is like skin on any other part of the body and is subject to a variety of conditions.  If this is not healing and concerns bring it to the attention of your doctor.