Breast Cancer Community
Bumps on the areola

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Bumps on the areola

I just noticed in the last week or so that i have small white raised bumps surrounding my areola, not on the areola but just on the outer rim where the skin lightens. I heard about them being all around the nipple but i wanted to know if its normal for them to just be surrounding the areola and what might be the cause for them to show up out of no where.
First of all these little bumps,have nothing to do with breast cancer.If you have oily skin,you could develop little blackheads or pimples on and around the areola.The breast skin is the same as any other part of skin on your body/face and subject to acne,pimples etc. My best advice would be to leave these bumps alone,because you could cause an infection if you try to pop them.Keep the area clean and wash with an anti bacterial soap and see if these bumps go away in a week or two.If not, see a dermatologist's for some sort of treatment.
Take care..
Are the bumps only there when your nipple is aroused? if so it may be pours that stick up kinda like goose bumps. I have them too :P