Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Burning pain in breast

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Burning pain in breast

For the past week I have noticed a burning sensation in my right breast. It starts directly under my armpit on the side of my breast. There is no noticible lump, depression, color or hardening, but I have a lot of breast cysts and cancer on both sides of my family so I am scared to death. I am only 28, have large breasts and am overweight. It's not exactly pain..more of a burning sensation that I noticed upon waking but now feel sometimes through out the day. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Dear Purpleraes:  Breast cancer is not usually painful. Other women with histories of cysts have written describing burning pain.  I don't know if there is a relationship.  In any case, it may be worth while to see a breast specialist to determine the cause and treat your pain.
Please  don't  panic!   29  years  ago  I  had a  Burning  pain  in  my right  breast  and  had  a  surgical  biopsy.  It  was  a  cyst  which  my  ob-gyn  thought  was  the  problem  to  begin  with  but  I  also  had  a   hysterectomy  for  carcinoma  in  situ  so the  biopsy  was  neccessary.  Don't  overreact  like  I  did.  Burning  normally  is  a  good  symptom  for  a  benign  diagnosis.  Lots  of  luck!  Jjoni
I AM A TEENAGER AND HAVE BAD BURNINGS IN MY BREAST FOR A MONTH!WHAT DO I DO? WHAT IS IT? COULD IT BE CANCER
A related discussion, Breast Pain was started.
A related discussion, My Breast has a burning sensation was started.