Burning pain in breast
For the past week I have noticed a burning sensation in my right breast. It starts directly under my armpit on the side of my breast. There is no noticible lump, depression, color or hardening, but I have a lot of breast cysts and cancer on both sides of my family so I am scared to death. I am only 28, have large breasts and am overweight. It's not exactly pain..more of a burning sensation that I noticed upon waking but now feel sometimes through out the day. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Dear Purpleraes:  Breast cancer is not usually painful. Other women with histories of cysts have written describing burning pain.  I don't know if there is a relationship.  In any case, it may be worth while to see a breast specialist to determine the cause and treat your pain.
Please  don't  panic!   29  years  ago  I  had a  Burning  pain  in  my right  breast  and  had  a  surgical  biopsy.  It  was  a  cyst  which  my  ob-gyn  thought  was  the  problem  to  begin  with  but  I  also  had  a   hysterectomy  for  carcinoma  in  situ  so the  biopsy  was  neccessary.  Don't  overreact  like  I  did.  Burning  normally  is  a  good  symptom  for  a  benign  diagnosis.  Lots  of  luck!  Jjoni
I AM A TEENAGER AND HAVE BAD BURNINGS IN MY BREAST FOR A MONTH!WHAT DO I DO? WHAT IS IT? COULD IT BE CANCER
A related discussion, Breast Pain was started.
A related discussion, My Breast has a burning sensation was started.
A related discussion, Random burn between armpit and right breast with a small lump or nodule was started.