Breast Cancer Expert Forum
CA27-29
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

CA27-29

I have read the following answer on this web site concerning CA27-29.  "Increased levels could be due to a variety of reasons such as - ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids, intestinal or colonic problems, medication; Paxil, hepatitis, tuberculosis, systemic lupus."  As I have Stage IV breast cancer (bone disease), and also have systemic lupus, can you tell me what exactly is meant by "increased levels?"  How high can these levels go due to the lupus?  Is 100-200 pt rise possible?  Because a person has lupus, is it possible that the CA27-29 reading will never return to normal?  Would the CA27-29 reading elevate during or due to a lupus flair?  Can you refer me to any pathology texts that might document the answers to these questions?  Thank you.