CT Scan Report - Atelectasis
I completed treatment for Stage III breast cancer in June.  Treatment consisted of 4A/C followed by 4 Taxotere, mastectomy with tissue expander/implant and 28 rads.  I just got copies of the reports from my latest CT and bone scan which were just done since it had been a year since my last ones.  The CT report states
Dear ps131:  Given all that you have been through, it is quite possible that this finding could be related to treatment you have received.  Atelectasis is actually a small area of the lung that is not fully inflated.  This can occur due to pneumonia, after effects of surgery, and/or radiation.  On the other hand, it can also occur due to more serious problems.  It is probably appropriate to have a follow up scan or chest x-ray in some reasonably short interval to monitor this finding.  You should discuss the precise timing of this with your doctor.