Ca27.29 markers
My sister (55) is 6 years post lumpectomy,chemo and radiation with good labs every Dr visit. Her CA27.29 test was 22then down to 19now at 25. Her Dr wants to do bone scan,breast ultrasound,and abdomen CT.
I have read in other answers about values for this test that under 40 is normal. What does this mean for her? A reoccurrence?
Thanks Cheryl
After  such a long time I'm not surprised that the scans have been ordered. Some Oncologists do these every year for a certain number of years following any type of breast cancer surgery. Her Labs are still good but there may be other reasons for the scans at this particular time. Actually you should have your Sister ask her Oncologist about the scans ... there could be other factors that you have no knowledge of and this is a matter of privacy between the patient and her Physician.   Regards ....