Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Caffein and nutrition supplement effect breast lump ?
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Caffein and nutrition supplement effect breast lump ?

Hi, I am 20 years old and I have breast lumps on the left breast.
I've been taken green tea and coffee in more than 1 week and I take multivitamin, coenzyme Q10 and MSM, calcium supplement everyday.
And today when I touch my breast I feel that the lump is clearly more firm and bigger than before, much easier to feel it. Last month I can touch that I have 2 lumps, today I feel they merge each other already.
Is it the caffein I taken or one of the supplement effect the lump that growning faster ?
Related Discussions
1760320_tn?1316457433
Dear xsimba,

Thanks for writing in.

I understand your concern. It’s good that you are so aware because awareness is the first step towards preventing anything serious.

The most common cause of lumps in breast at this age are fibroadenoma and fibroadenosis (which are benign, that is, non-cancerous lesions). They are not known to transform to cancer later. I think this is the cause of the lumps in your case also.

However, the supplements that you have mentioned are also not known to cause an increase in the size of breast lumps or cause transformation to cancer. Some of them like green tea and coenzyme Q are anti-oxidants and good for general health.

Caffeine is also not related to breast lump growth in any way.

I think that you should have the lumps examined by a physician (if not already done so) and be under regular follow-up. If the lumps are actually increasing, then a few tests may be needed for diagnosis/follow up (like an ultrasound of breasts). Some degree of variation of the lumps over a menstrual cycle is usual and not worrisome.

Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Thank you for using MedHelp's "Ask an Expert" Service, where we feature some of world's renowned medical experts in their fields. Millions have benefitted from our service to get personalized advice for them and for their loved ones.

Best Regards,
Dr. Indranil Ghosh
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank