Calcification in skin
Hi..Today I went for a stereotactic core biopsy. When taking initial images and measurements it was determined that the clustered microcalcifcations were near the surface of my breast.  The technician taped a metal bb to my breast, repositioned me and acquired more images.  The images revealed that the calcifications were very near the surface of my breast right under the bb.  The radiologist took a look and stated that they were in the skin layer, not in the breast tissue. He said that they were benign, no biopsy was needed, and I was done.

What do calcifications in the skin mean? Any need for concern or follow-up. Radiologist said I should continue with my yearly mammogram schedule but nothing more.

Thank you GT1999

Skin calcifications form because material in the pores and sebaceous glands calcifies.  It is great news and means that you don't have cancer.  People with skin calcifications tend to sweat a lot, but not always.
Yes, it is great news!!..Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Take care :+)

GT1999

I had a stereotactic core biopsy yesterday and they took two rounds of tissue samples, but said they could not get the area where my cluster of calcifications under my nipple because they kept moving.  Anyhow, they said it may be skin calcification, which does move but surgery may be needed to investigate further.  Have you heard of this before?

Thanks,

CC
Hello everyone!!! I went for my first mamo then was called back because they some clusters one in each breast. The 1st doc said I needed bilateral biopsy he didn't wanna say I had breast cancer but was highly concerned. Went in for the biopsy and was on that uncomfortable table for 3hrs. The 2nd doc said they were skin calcs 100% benign. Great!  He wants to see me in 6mos. The surgeon called me and had concern of their findings. Come to find out the 2nd doc isn't confident in his findngs that's why he wants to see me in 6mos. So I went from Pleomorphic micro calcs to skin calcs to we aren't sure. Very frustrated!!!