Calcifications in Left Breast
Hello!

I am 31 years old, I have 3 kids age 15, 9 and 3 they are my life!  A couple weeks ago I went to my primary care Physician because I had right breast pain due to a minor accident that happened over 2wks before visit.  Well my Physician decided to send me for a mammogram just to be on the safe side. My technician was only told to do a mammogram on my right breast and decided upon herself to do the left as well. When I went for my results my doctor told me he was glad he had sent me for the mammogram since the radiologist recommended I should go for a biopsy in my LEFT breast due to scattered calcifications and a cluster of calcifications in the upper medial of my breast. Bi-Rads 4 suspicious. Right Breast was ok! Immediately I started to cry and became very scarred. So is this not scary? Is this not like a sign from GOD! That maybe if it hadn't been for that minor accident I had I would not have found out about this in my left breast. Well I went to see the breast specialist and he recommended another mammogram with magnification and so I went.  The Radiologist there told me that indeed I had the calcifications but she had also found more calcifications in another area of my left breast and she recommends the localized needle biopsy in the O.R under I.V. sedation. I think thats what it's called. Now I am really freaking out. Do you think it may be CANCER. I am so SCARED! I go for my biopsy on August 31, 2010. What do you think?
Dear milstar:  Without evaluation, it is impossible to speculate on whether this is cancer or not.  Microcalcifications that are clustered raise suspicion that there may a growth nearby.  The only way to know what this might be is biopsy.
Hi Milstar
just wondering how your surgery went.  I am scheduled for a similar procedure in about a month and am beginning to get nervous myself.  I have been so busy that I haven't had a lot of time to think about it but when I'm alone I start to wonder.  I'm really nervous about the incision and the amount of tissue being removed.  The surgeon did tell me that it would be noticeable.  Anyways, I hope everything went well for you.
Take care
Hi Milstar;

I have exactly the same thing based on your description.  I had a sterotactic core biopsy (in radiology) that revealed atypical ductal hyperplasia.  This, according to the radiologist is a high risk marker for cancer, however it is not cancer yet.  I have been referred for surgery to remove the suspicious tissue.  I have appointment w/ surgeon in 2 weeks with surgery to be scheduled.  However, I suspect. my risk would be considered higher than yours since my mother was diagnosed at 43 w/breast cancer.

Hope your biopsey went well.  Letus know how you are doing.
Best to you.