Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Call back after my first mammogram
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Call back after my first mammogram

Hi, I am 36 years old and just had my first mammogram done about two weeks ago. I got a call back about a week later asking me to come in for more specialized images of my left breast to ensure a complete evaluation. I am trying not to freak out and also trying not to believe all that I read on the internet. They did not say why they wanted me back, if they saw anything or not, or what was going on. A few of my friends stated they would have said if they saw anything and also the fact they did not ask for more images and an ultrasound means they probably didnt see anything, they just want to make sure. I am trying to be positive. I did go for an ultasound of my heart about two years ago and the tech asked me if I had breast implants while he was doing the exam. I stated that I did not and he said I just had alot of density or tissue (this would have also been my left breast). Can someone give me some reassurance or advice? It is another week or so before my appointment. They said they would have a radiologist on hand that will review everything and I will know before I leave wants going on. I am just really nervous!!! Help!