Called back for ultrasound of breast; noticed swollen lymph nodes
I'm very scared.  Two weeks ago I went in for my annual mammogram.  This morning I woke up with an ache under my arm.  I felt around and my lymph nodes are swollen very large.  Later that morning, the mammogram placed called and said there was something new on my film and I would need to come in for an ultrasound.  Having to go back for the ultrasound does not worry me so much as this has been a common occurence for my mother, but having the swollen lymph nodes in conjuction with getting called back, does worry me.  Any info would be appreciated.
The two things may be totally unrelated. Lymph nodes become enlarged for several reasons. You might mention it when you go for the Ultrasound though. Keep us posted when you get your final results of both tests.   Regards ....
Thanks for the reply.  I went in for my ultrasound and the radiologist was still uncertain what my lump was.  He also took a look at my swollen lymph nodes in my armpit.  He said it could be related or not.  He said he felt my lump had a 1 in 3 chance of being cancer.  He has referred me to a surgeon for a biopsy.  My appointment is next Thursday.  I am trying to  hope for the best and be positive, but my swollen lymph nodes scare me...

Is it Thursday yet?