Aa
A
A
Close
Can i make a brake from Tamoxifen to have a baby?
I am a 37 year old woman diagnosed with Stage 1 invasive estrogen and HR 3 + positive breast cancer at the age of 34.I went through surgery (lumpectomy including all lympth nodes), chemotherapy, radiotherapy, herceptin, Zoladex (2 yr) and Tamoxifen. Well, I survived everything with success however being on an early menopause while being on Zoladex was a hell - but hey, I am still here :) Anyway, perhaps 4 months after completing Zoladex, my periods returned which I was very happy about as I would love to try to have a child. But now, after 8 months, my periods stopped now for about 3 months.....which worries me a lot - can I entered again the menopause? I do not have any symptoms apart from not having periods. I have sometimes painful ovaries like by having a period but not bleeding....Can I now, after nearly 3 years of taking Tamoxifen stop (although 5 yr were recommended) and see if I could conceive and perhaps contunie with Tamoxifen later after having a baby? Would that still be beneficial? And, could now Tamoxifen suddenly stop my periods and bring me to a premature menopause?
I would be grateful for your views.
Many thanks.Zdenka
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
25201 tn?1255584436
I would advise you to consult both your Oncologis and OB/GYN concerning this issue. It could be very complicated and needs to be reviewed by both those Physicians.    Regards .....
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources