Can idc metastasise to pancreas?
Dx 2003, idc non palpable 2 cm lump, associated DCIS.  WLE,total axillary clearance, 6xFEC chemo, 25 rads. 4 yrs on Arimidex, stopped 2 months ago due to bone pain in hips,fee and hands. Dx osteopenic 2 yrs ago, mainly due to steroids,exacerbated by Arimidex. Pain now gone,waiting to see new Oncologist re alternative AI meds. Taking alendronate weekly with Calcichew/Vit.D3 daily.  
6 weeks ago got sudden severe nausea,total loss of appetite ,weight loss 14 lbs,steatorrhea,pain in stomach,and urq/shoulder/neck. Saw gastro (Crohn's for 38+ yrs) 2 weeks ago, px domperidone,omeprazole. Having CT scan tomorrow on pancreas,liver,abdomen, upper GI endoscopy 26th June.Been on 12.5mg methotrexate 7 yrs, LFT results fine,slightly elevated MCV,MCH and C-reactive protein.. My symptoms sound like pancreatitis or gall bladder but I am concerned that the bc may have spread to the pancreas.
I know it normally can spread to the liver,bones,lungs and occasionally brain, but wonder if it can spread to the pancreas or gall bladder?
Thank you.
Liz.
Hi there.

I understand your concern.  Breast cancer can really spread to the organs you mentioned, but it is however unlikely that it will spread to the pancreas or gallbladder.  Your symptoms may just be indeed from isolated separate problems from the pancreas (pancreatitis) or gallbladder (cholecystitis).  I agree with the planned work up of your doctor and I'm likewise confident that this is not metastasis to the pancreas or gallbladder.

Regards.