Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Chances of breast cancer after biopsy report

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

My biopsy report recently revealed that I don't have breast cancer :) and that I have complex fibrocystic changes with focal ductal hypoplasia and no atypia. Doctor advised me to just have yearly breast exams and mammos. Another doctor is thinking that since that area has been so problematic with constant cysts, biopsy, etc. it might be a consideration to just have that small area removed so I don't have to deal with that area every year in the future.

I have a paternal grandmother and paternal great grandmother who both died of breast cancer at 50 yrs. old.  I have had painful cysts aspirated over the last 3 years on the same breast. I am 45 and just had a breast biopsy with an unusual complication - a hematoma which needs to become reabsorbed.

Doctor says that on a scale of 0 to 5 with 0 being no chance of getting breast ca, and 5 being ca, I'm at about a 2.25 (low)

Do you agree with the chances of getting breast ca in the future?
Is there any other things I can do other than yearly breast exams/mammos?
Thank you in advance.
Dear Anne1331:  The biopsy report that you shared shows benign findings.  Family history increasing risk usually refers to first degree relatives (mother, sister, daughter).  If you are concerned about risk, you might consider a discussion with a genetic counselor or a breast specialist who can review all of your risk factors, determine your risk, and make appropriate recommendations for surveillance.  A breast specialist may be best suited to advise you appropriately on whether or not this area of concern merits an invasive surgical excision.  Although hematomas are not
Thank you for your comments.  I appreciate your rapid response and information.  
I have many questions that I'd like answered by the
professional community on this board but cannot post my questions.   Please respond with help or answer.
Now would be a good time. We only get 2 questions a day.
To:  boninclyde,
Thanks for giving me the high sign that now was a
good time to "post a question".  I have it posted now
so I look forward to hearing back from the professionals.
Many thanks
Your welcome. Sorry I can't help with your question. Glad to see you finally got to post. Breastcancer.org is another good site to visit for info (join the discussion board). Lots of wonderful ladies there. Hope I help somewhat.
hi anne1331,
i wanted to ask you what were your symptoms before having the biopsy?a lump?was it painful?