Breast Cancer Community
Chemo or Not ?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chemo or Not ?

I have been diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer, Her 2  negetive, ER Positive , Tumor grade 3 ( size 2.9) , Node positve,.
I did have a Bi-lateral mascetomy and parcial node  disection, and now they suggest I have Chemo . Is it true that chemo is ineffctive for ER cancer and that Tamoxafin is better?? I am just not sure if the benifts of chemo  out way the risks of chemo on the body ??? Can someone explain this to me ?? What I have read is that the Chemo drugs that they use do  not work well on ER cancer?????
Related Discussions
5 Comments
Blank
739091_tn?1300669627
I am having difficulty believing you were told that chemo doesn't treat cancer. Hello.....

The pathology of your cancer might be estrogen positive and her2 neu negative but that doesn't have anything to do with killing cancer cells with chemo. I'd strongly suggest you do alot of research since I don't believe you understand the difference thanks to bad info. Sounds like the doctors are right on.

You have an aggressive form of cancer as evidenced by it spreading to the nodes. Chemo and radiation are for sure a good choice. Best wishes.
Blank
739091_tn?1300669627
You also may want to research this since you are having difficulty making a decision.

www.cancer.org
www.breastcancer.com
Blank
25201_tn?1255584436
As I stated in answer to your previous post .... Chemotherapy has absolutely NOTHING to do with the hormonal response of your tumor. Chemotherapy is used to kill any remaining cancer cells in the body. It has NOTHING to do with the fact that your tumor was dependant upon Estrogen for growth.   Regards .....
Blank
Thank you All !!!      luna 1  
I have an apt. tomorrow to put in my port and start chemo on July 2nd .
Blank
739091_tn?1300669627
best wishes with your treatment
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703