Chemotherapy with stage 0 breast cancer
I have stage 0 breast cancer, I was given the option to do chemotherapy. I have chose to do chemo. I was also told that I also have the choice to do just radiation treatments. I have had my first chemo treatment and I unfortunately made the choice now that I don't want chemo. Can I stop chemo and just go ahead with the radiation treatments even if I have started chemo. I should have done more research on this and now wish I have. Thank you for your help.
First let me say that I'm not in favor of giving the pt. a choice of this magnitude .... this is all hindsight but a second Oncology opinion might have been beneficial under these circumstances. I'm not sure what effect, if any, that stopping after the one Chemo treatment might have but we always have the right to accept or refuse any and all treatment. I would sit down and have a serious discussion with the Oncologist before you go any further. If you get a lot of "flack" about it then get that second opinion, even now.  If your reasons are valid I would think the Onc. would go along with it though.    Good Luck ....