Chest pain after mastectomy
I had a double mastectomy for breast cancer, three weeks ago. For the past several days, I have had severe chest pains upon breathing.  It feels like it is deep in my chest. It lessens when I take hydrocodone.  I have a history of pneumonia and pleurisy. Could that be it or is it associated with the mastectomy?  I am not running a fever.  The chest pain is severe.
You might have fluid building up in the wound site, which is not uncommon and can be quite painful until the pressure is relieved by draining.  It could be something unrelated to the mastectomy as well.  However, I would call my surgeon and ask to have him or her check out the pain and how you are healing.  You should be able to get an explanation as to what is causing the pain and what can be done to alleviate it.  I am thinking of you.