Concern over Swollen Milk Glands in Right Breast
I am 52 years of age,never had children, had a hysterectomy 1.5 years ago, and believe I am at the end of the peri-menopausal stage.  About 4 months ago, one gland became noticeably white and remained that way for a month or so.  Then it expanded beyond the nipple.  The covering skin wore away and I emptied the canal.  The substance was the consistency of a cake's sugar frosting (not so buttery).  After about a month, a second gland seems to be starting the same process.  Is this unusual?  Are they clogging up?  Should I be worried or doing something about this?  Thanks!
Dear Twice:  The condition you are describing sounds more like an infectious process than a swollen milk duct.  If this does, in fact, happen again, we would recommend that this be evaluated by a physician.  This should be done prior to "emptying the canal."
It's not "usual" and ought to be evaluated.