Breast Cancer Community
Cryotherapy Question - Please help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Cryotherapy Question - Please help

I have a lump in my right breast. Biopsy results said it was a fibroadenoma however, because of its size, I need to get it removed. I can either have it surgically removed or have cryotherapy done. I've been reading about cryotherapy but can only find sites on the procedure part of it. All I know is that they freeze it, and within a year it shrinks away. Has anyone been through this? Can anyone tell me what the pros and cons of cryotherapy are? I'm not sure what to do. I'm looking for the least amount of pain possible if thats even possible. Should I just have it surgically removed and get over with it quickly or have a ball of ice in my breast for a year? Should I be nervous at all about this? I really appreciate you taking the time to help me with this. Thank you!
i was just told i had a tumor and it could be fibroademnoma---or not. But they recommended to go straight to surgery. Did you have a needle biopsy first?
Hi - can you tell me how large your fibroadenoma is? Why does your doctor want to remove it? Thanks!