Cyst, Complex
I requested a needle biopsy because I have a COMPLEX CYST.  What is the difference between a complex cyst and a simple cyst.  Is a complex cyst more chances to be cancer?
The terminology here gets very confusing, and unfortunately radiologists often misuse it.  Part of the problem was that a few years ago they changed some definitions around.

A SIMPLE cyst is never cancer and will never become cancer.  It is just a water balloon filled with fluid.

A COMPLICATED cyst is never cancer and will never become cancer.  It is a water balloon filled with gunk, sometimes old blood, sometimes just debris.  These are usually followed for a while to make sure they are not changing.  If it changes, then it wasn't a complicated cyst to begin with, but just looked like one.  So if it changes, it was either solid, or a complex cyst.

A COMPLEX cyst is sometimes cancer, but usually not.  A complex cyst is a cyst with a living tissue growth inside of it that is attached to the wall.  Usually that growth secretes a lot of fluid which causes the water balloon to grow.  A complex cyst should be biopsied because it will on occasion be an intracystic cancer.

Radiologists sometime incorrectly refer to complicated cysts as complex cysts, so I wouldn't automatically assume that just because the report says complex cyst, that it is in fact a complex cyst.
O my... I was just given some test results and was told I had complex cyst on my right ovary.:(  BUT they said follow up in two months to check it again SO maybe not too serious right?  I normally dont have anything like that going on with me.  Just a Migraine every now and then.. SO this is pretty new to me.. I was taking it lightly but did not know it could possible be cancer...