Breast Cancer Community
Cyst/Dense Breast Tissue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Cyst/Dense Breast Tissue

I had an ultrasound of my breasts today after noticing a lump in my left breast. I gathered from the technician that it was "very" small (about 3mm) and nothing to worry about. He also stated that I had dense breast tissue in my left breast, but not my right one. Please keep in mind that I have small breasts. My question is this: I've read that dense breast tissue can be a risk factor for breast cancer. Could it just be a coincidence that I have both a cyst and dense breast tissue only in the left breast?
Thanks.
I have ficrocystic breast change and very dense breast. My right breast is more dense than that other. I had a lump that was removed by lumpectomy on 11-7 and it was in the breast with more density. Mine came back beign. Everytime I go for a mammo. I have to go for an ultrasound. Good luck

Have you seen a breast specialist as yet for your symptoms?

What does the exact report say? Could you post it to us here?

Have you noticed any skin changes or nipple discharge on breast self examination?

What is your age?

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Post us so that we may be able to help you with your queries.

Regards.