Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Cyst On Chest

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Cyst On Chest

i am a teenager and i have a cyst on my chest (between my breast) . it goes away and keeps comming back and i have already tried antibiotics. it is very painful . and i have heard that cysts can spread so i was wondering would it end up spreading to my heart or to my breast and end up giving me breast cancer?? ...i have also heard that getting it drained will leave a huge mark..if i get it cut out would it leave a mark? ..and what are the risks of getting surgey???
Tags: Cyst, painful, risk
Dear johanna15:  Cysts are fluid filled structures and are by definition, benign.  Whether or not to aspirate them would be a decision between you and your doctor based on where it is and how bothersome and whether it is at all concerning.  A cyst will not cause breast cancer.  The question is whether this is really a cyst?  You really need to discuss this with your doctor who can advise you approppriately.