Breast Cancer Expert Forum
DCIS and path report

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

DCIS and path report

After a needle biopsy revealed  some atypical hyperplasia, I underwent a lumpectomy and learned I had DCIS. I
Avatar n tn
Dear HopeS:  Basically this report is saying that the tumor is ER/PR+.  

The "Alred score" described by Craig Alred is similar to the "H-score" used when the immunohistochemical ER assay was first developed for testing of hormone receptor status.  It accounts for the both the % of cells positive and the intensity of staining of each cell.
Avatar n tn
Thank you for your help. I guess I wasn't clear enough in my question (so much goes through your mind at a time like this).

The score numbers -- where do they fall on a scale of weak to strong? Right now they're in a vacumm as far as I'm concerned.
A related discussion, Reading lab results was started.