DCIS
I have DCIS, 1 x 0.8 x 0.4 cm, non invasive, diagnosed through surgical biopsy.  Did not get clear margins requiring additional surgery.  I am 44 yrs old.  It was ER/PR positive.  MRI showed no additional cancer, other than in this one area, in either breast.  

I am reading where many questions ask "what if i just have lumpectomy and no radiation"?  Has anyone done this?  Any experience or recommendations?  
Recent studies show that all women with DCIS would benefit from radiation therapy. DCIS means that the cells are within the duct and technically do not have the ability to spread - so it isn't really cancer - although the treatment is almost as aggressive as if it were cancer.  In the past radiation was given to higher grades of DCIS and some other types were excluded,but actually radiation therapy is often recommended by Oncologists who are also considering many other factors in one's particular case.
If I were you I would go for radiation therapy, if my oncologist would deem it  necessary for my treatment.
Best wishes...and good luck.