Breast Cancer Expert Forum
DENT IN BREAST?? (cancer)
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

DENT IN BREAST?? (cancer)

I went for my 1st baseline mammogram last week. I'm 40 years old.  They called a week later to say they see a  small dent in one of my breast's.  I need to come in when the radiologist is there to have another mammogram and maybe an ultrasound.  They have me coming back in about a week.  I'm so worried!  My mom says not to worry as if they were really worried they would have me come in ASAP, not in a week.  Also that since this is my 1st one, they don't know what my normal breast looks like.  But of course i cant stop worrying, and i have at least a week to wait and worry?  What is a dent in the breast and how worried should i be?