Breast Cancer Community
Dent Under Breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Dent Under Breast

I found a dent  under my breast and went to the doctor and had a diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound done.  Both were clear but no explanation for the "dent" under my breast.  I have recently lost weight and was curious if this could have caused it.  No other symptoms.  There are a few lumps in my breast but I am 33 and still have my periods and doctors said that those are normal lumps.  A radiologist and doctor both said that they were clear. Do I need to keep worrying or get on with it?
This could be due to your weight loss .... it's good though that you went to the Dr. and had the testing done. I think since both the Dr.s did not see anything in the films and you have confidence in them, I wouldn't worry so much about this. If you have other symptoms or the "dent" seems to change in some way I might consider seeing a Breast Specialist for an opinion. I don't know that I would say the "lumps" you describe are "normal" but they do occur in many women and are usually hormone related and nothing to be overly concerned about. Continue to do self exams and observe your breasts on a monthly basis .... if you notice anything new then by all means go back to the Dr.  Regards ....
Thank you for your response. I go to my ob in six weeks for a checkup. I worry excessively and cannot stop reading and worrying.   Thank again.
Just a little additional advice ... try NOT to do too much reading ... most often the more you read, the more confused you become. Statistics are basically so general that they rarely apply to each individual. Take care ....