Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Dental side effects
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Dental side effects

late in my chemo my teeth started to turn black at the gum line and then narrowed at the gum line. They also  became loose and then break off at the gum line. My Question is what caused this ?My Doctor had heard of this but said it was rare.i have to convince my insurance company that the chemo caused this.Can you help?I now have a mouth full of roots,pain and i am ashame to go out.I only have a small income that barely pays rent.And i can't fine anyone to help with the cost to repair my mouth so i can eat again.I sure hate eating soft foods all the time.i miss apples,nuts and other hard foods.I am very depressed and i don't know what to do.I need some proof for my insurance co.