Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Detectable blood flow in a breast mass
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Detectable blood flow in a breast mass

Hello.  I am a healthy 40 year old woman who had a screening mammo which showed a small density.  F/U ultrasound showed a 6mmX3mmX6mm mass that looks like a fibroadenoma.  However, it had a blood vessel that coursed directly through it.  Based on the size of the "red streak" on the doppler, I estimate the diameter of the vessel to be about 1/2 of a mm.  I am scheduled for a core needle biopsy in 2 weeks.  My question is this:  Does the presence of detectable blood flow increase the chance that this lesion is malignant?  My research on the internet gives contradictory information.