Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Different sizes?

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Different sizes?

Hey I am 17 years old and when I was 15 I had a benign lump removed from my left breast. My left breast has always been a little bit smaller then my right one since i was 14 but never that noticable before. ever since the operation it has remained the same size but the right one has grown a little bit more.
I was just wondering if the left one will grow and even out and if maybe the reason its not growing as fast is because of the operation or what? my doctor said that my breasts wont grow ne more because im to old-is that true? also is their anyway that a doctor could help me with this if  it never changes because its just something that really bothers me, it is very noticible(ones like pointy and the others round and hanging) i hate it and it makes me depressed. i have heard of things that dctors can do like shooting you with hormones or something or even taking fat from your own body and putting it in the samller one, but i dont know if ne of that is true or just made up is it?
Dear Amy, It is very normal for a person
I AM REALLY TIRED OF READING DOCTORS COMMENTS ABOUT OH BECOME COMFORTABLE WITH YOURSELF, REALIZE THAT EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT, BLAH BLAH BLAH.. WHEN ARE YOU ALL GOING TO WAKE UP AND REALIZE THIS GIRLS PLEA TO BE NORMAL.  I KNOW EXACTLY HOW SHE FEELS, DISFIGURED AND ABNORMAL, LIKE SHE HAS BEEN CHEATED OUT OF THE ONE GREAT THING THAT GIRLS HAVE, HER BREASTS.  I HAVE ONE BREAST A SIZE D AND ONE A SIZE B, AND I CANNOT STAND PEOPLE TELLING ME TO BE HAPPY WITH WHAT I HAVE--WOULD YOU BE HAPPY WITH THIS?  NO, DON'T LISTEN TO THEIR LOGIC--DO WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF, BECAUSE UNLESS THEY HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, THEY DON'T REALLY KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.!!!!!