Dilated duct in breast
I have a mammogram done and then an ultrasound. They say I have a dilated duct and want me to have it rechecked in 6 months.  What does a dilated duct indicate?
Hi there.

Dilated ducts are really non-specific findings in breast mammograms, and does not point out to any specific diagnosis.  Ducts dilate if there are trapped secretions or fluids, especially in lactating women.  Ducts can also dilate in response to the natural fluctuations of hormone levels, coinciding with a woman's menstrual cycle.

The best course of action for these findings is to really follow them up periodically with physical examination or mammograms, and note for any external physical changes which should be reported to your doctor.

Regards.
what is the different between Dilated ducts and cysts, i realy want to know. b/se they told me that what i had and i have to follow up in 6 month, so what is my chanice ? what should i do now?
A related discussion, Dilated Breast Ducts was started.
A related discussion, dilated duct and cystic lesions was started.