Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Do breast calcifications ever go away
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Do breast calcifications ever go away

Last year my annual mammogram showed "probably benign" calicifications.  After additinal views were taken, they told me to just come back in a year for my regular mammo.

This year, they told me my mammogram was negative/normal.  They made no mention of calcifications at all and I was so happy to hear that all was wel that I did not ask.

Do calcifications ever go away on their own?  Or could it be that they are just unchanged from last year?

Thank you,

Jane