Do fibrocystic breast changes ever go away?
So I have fibrocystic breast disease and have had it since about June; I have had two OB/GYN's check them out and they have both told me that it is normal and that I have nothing to worry about. It is very common and with my age (24) and having NO family history of breast cancer they are not at all concerned about it. But I have been reading a lot online and I have read that they should disappear with your menstrual cycle which mine have never disappeared but they are not getting really much bigger but not getting any smaller. I am constantly feeling them all the time and so I think I am the one that is making them sore. I have them all over my breast with some being small and others a little bigger; some close to armpit and others just closer to the bones around my breast. I just want to know that this is normal; I know that both the doctors that have checked me out have told me that I am fine but I just need to know other peoples inputs.
Fibrocystic breast condition usually doesn't go away completely.... there is always the possibility that cysts and/or fibroadenomas will continue to develop. Often the cysts will vary in size with your menstrual cycle but I don't know that they ever ALL go away completely. You are going to have to find some way to stop thinking about this to the point of being obscessed as this is something you will be dealing with for many years. As I told you once before, nearly half of all women have this condition so even though I wouldn't say it is "normal", it certainly is very common.     Regards ....