Does anyone have fibrocystic breast disease?
I am 24 years old and was recently giving myself a breast exam when I found a tiny lump. I went to the doctor the next day and was told to have fibrocystic breast disease. I then kept on feeling and feeling and ended up going back two more times to have him double check again. Well he again had told me that I needed to take birth control pills and that it was a cyst and that I had nothing to worry about and they were very common. Well I still didnt believe him and then went to my other gyno doctor that delievered my daughter last year. He then examined me and told me that same thing and said it was very common and to take the pill and stay away from sweets and caffeine. Well that was last month and I feel my breast all the time and think about them all the time. I feel bones and think the worst and its always on my mind. I think I am driving my husband and everyone around me crazy. I just need people to tell me that its normal to have these cysts and that I have nothing to worry about; oh and are they ever going to go away?
About half of all women suffer from Fibrocystic Brease Condition. You definitely need to stop obscessing about this as it will no doubt continue. These cysts and even often Fibroadenomas (benign breast tumors) will develop and you have been given good advice as to what to do about them. If the cysts become very large or cause a great deal of discomfort they can be removed surgically but they may continue to occur. You certainly are not alone in experiencing this condition.     Take care ....
I have Fibrocysistic Disease of the breasts.
According to my family physician, it is a very common condition that appears in nearly half of the female population. It is a condition that manifests itself as a dense lumpiness. And, it is this density that can make the interpretation of a mammogram difficult. But, the difficulty in viewing such mammograms makes doctors, radiologists and technicians all the more vigilant when forming their diagnostic conclusions.
My doctor also noted that it is a condition that is probably heredity in nature... so, there's no much that one can do to make this condition "go away" if one is born and inherits a propensity for it.
My recommendation is: perform regular self-exams and note any abnormalities or changes; have timely check ups and diagnostic tests as deemed appropriate; and try not to stress out and worry about it.