Dr.Paul
I just reading the posting about the girl with a lymph node in her breast. Is it possible for lymph nodes to change in size or have get irregular borders? Or does that happen only to nodules? Or do you mean lymph nodes or the same thing as nodules? Thank you for clarifying this for me.
"When you're fighting an infection, nearby lymph nodes get bigger and become tender. Normally, lymph nodes are less than 1/2 inch across (about the size of your fingernail). But, with an infection, they can swell to 2 or 3 times their usual size. They will slowly return to normal in 2 to 4 weeks, when the infection is gone. The lymph nodes may also feel hard or firm, and may seem misshapen. The skin near a swollen lymph node may feel warm."
...and this is a link to where I found it >>
http://www.healthsquare.com/mc/fgmc2316.htm

The thing is I don't feel like I have an infection, I don't feel sick and that lymph node is flat oval almost 2 inch big.
I had a negative mamo and ultrasound and was then called back by the Doctor that night to tell me to come back in 6 months.  She said that I had an area of concern, which is a lymph node on my left lateral breast.
That scares me that is a lymph node.  I found out in October that I have lyme disease, not acutely, dont know when I got it.  Could that have something to do with it?
FYI, Dr Paul is not available any more on this forum to answer posts.In the future,and if you have any more question,please start your own new post by clicking on the green rectangle"Post a question" (Top of the page).You'll be more likely to get a response.When you add on very old threads,members often overlook it.

Lymph nodes are often present in the breast tissue.  The normal function of a lymph node is to act as filters.It could be that Lyme disease, which is a bacterial infection, be the cause of your lymph node enlargement.The purpose of watching an enlarged lymph node in the setting of a negative mammogram is to ensure that the lymph node is not continuing to grow, which may be cause to investigate further.Best wishes.
A related discussion, Enlarged lymph node in Right breast was started.