Breast Cancer Community
Dragging and Cramping feeling in breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Dragging and Cramping feeling in breast

Although most of the tenderness has gone from my breast I can feel a dragging coming from my armpit area accross my breast it is most obvious when I am reversing the car and twisted round.

The original mass they found in the left breast has no pain, no tenderness and I wouldn't know it was there if they had not found it on the scan....but the lump under my right armpit is tender and sometimes jsut having my arm down causes it to hurt.... I feel a little like a michilin man that side.

I wonder what the dragging feeling is..... I also get cramping in that breast... not like leg muscle cramp but like the dull aching of menstrual/uterus cramping. Anyone else felt these things?

I have a core Needle Biopsy on Friday 13th June and a follow up consultation for the results and an examination of the right side problems on 24th... seems forever away!
Hi there.

These feelings in the breast may be due to the breast changes that responds to changes in hormone levels coinciding with the menstrual cycle.  The mass on the armpit may also be contributing to this by compressing some breast structures or other connective tissues.  I hope that the biopsy will cause you as minimal pain and discomfort as possible, and that everything will turn out fine.  For now, you may ask your doctors regarding oral pain relievers to temporarily address this problem.

Regards and God bless.
Thanks for your reply... I hoping that I am so hyper sensative to what is happening in my breasts right now that I am noticing things that I may just have taken for granted before.
As with everyone it is the waiting and the not knowing that is the hardest -  but now at least I only have a 1 week count down for the biopsy.