Drinking soda related to breast lumps?
While at the dr today, I watch healthlink? and it stated that soda drinkers have a high risk of having breast cancer or lumps.  Is that true?  I am a Dr Pepper freak.. drink it like it was water. If that is the case, well I am gonna have to give up the soda.. oh no.. Has anyone else heard the same theory?  Soda drinkers have high risk of breast cancer?
Beleive it or not, there appears to be some theories behind this. As I am not a doctor, but a Dr. Pepper lover also,  I joked to my nephew, when he asked me what the cause was...and I said,   cancer loves Dr. Pepper. Turns out not such a funny joke. This is what I think it really means. Sugar! in any form can cause any cancer to become more active and aggressive. My sister, who never drinks soda and only ingests raw sugar minimally, also had some pre-cancerous areas in her breast removed. Caffine is also a culprit to feed cancer and has been known for many years to cause cystic breasts. However, there are so many unknown and possible items, ranging from family history, genetics,social studies, any processed foods and all synthetic, manmade ingredients etc, that everything these days seems to add to our possiblilities of getting breast cancer and recurrences. I think, as it is so hard to change everything in our lives, at the moment of diagnosis, which may be a little too late, moderation is the key. I woul say, if you have children start a new healthier regiment with them and every little bit will help, but as there is no cure yet, nothing is for sure or will give any of us a 100% chance of never getting it. Just my thoughts.
A related discussion, Coke/caffeine causing breast cysts was started.