Breast Cancer Community
Dry Flaky White Stuff On Center Of Nipple?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dry Flaky White Stuff On Center Of Nipple?

I didn't know what section to put this in, sorry. I'm only 16. I'm not pregnant. I'm on the pill. For a few years now I've noticed what looks like dry skin on the centre of my nipple. I don't think it's dry skin though because i only get it every now and then and it seems to be alot easier to clean off then dry skin. In the areas on my body that I do have dry skin it's more constant. Is this a dried up discharge? Is this normal? Thanks
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
587083_tn?1327123862
Hi,
Secretions from the breast may occur in women of any age.Young women may experience nipple discharge, (particularly during puberty) without any cause for concern and especially when the breasts are stimulated.
Some women are prone to more discharge including women on birth control pills, certain blood pressure medications or on major tranquilizers.
These medications increase prolactin levels in the body.  
From what you describe,it sounds like dried up discharge,but if you have other symptoms,like itchiness,pain or persistent discharge (without squeezing the nipples) I would advise you to see your doctor for evaluation.
Take care...
Blank
1512022_tn?1290202996
Thank you so much !
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity