Breast Cancer Community
During of Taxol in the system

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

During of Taxol in the system

This week I have #10 of 12 weekly taxol chemo treatments.  How long after the last treatment will the taxol chemical reside in my system?  I don't feel totally aweful.  I still walk 6 - 8 miles a week.  How long until I really feel better?
Tags: taxol, chemo
Hi there.

The half life of taxol in the blood stream, which is the amount of time that half the amount of drugs is to be eliminated, as around 9 hours.   As a rule, the drug is almost completely flushed for about 4 or 5x the half life.  So this means that taxol is already out of your system by 36 to 45 hours after the infusion.

However, the time it would take to regain strength will vary from one person to another.  Usually, complete recovery may not be evident until about 1-2 months after the last day of chemotherapy.

Regards.
My mom has had 4th tx of taxo. 2nd, 3rd and 4th tx had allergic reaction. prior to 4th tx she took steroid and still had allergic reaction. Should they continue?