Breast Cancer Community
ER+ PR- HER-

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

ER+ PR- HER-

What is the best Chemotherapy fopr ER positive, PR negative, and HER2 negative ?
1 Comment
Hi there.

The decision to give chemotherapy is primarily dependent on the stage of the disease and the characteristics of the primary tumor.  If you are in an early stage of breast cancer (st I) and you are ER+ with no other adverse features (like Her2+), then you may opt to have hormonal therapy alone (like tamoxifen, anastrozole, etc).  Lymph node positive disease usually requires adjuvant chemotherapy with the addition of taxanes (Taxol or Taxotere).  

I suggest you consult this with the patient's oncologist to be advised on the proper treatment, or consult the NCCN breast cancer guidelines:
http://www.nccn.org/patients/patient_gls/_english/_breast/contents.asp

Regards and God bless.