Breast Cancer Community
ER positive breast cancer in postmenapausal & osteopenia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

I'm a 60 year old female with the history of ER positive breast cancer. I tried taking some of the hormone blockers and it only made my bones ache worse along with popping sounds when I moved or excercised. I chose to not take anymore of the hormone blockers and try to excercise regular for stronger bones from osteopenia. I've had a complete hysterectomy and breast surgery. Now I have low sex drive, weight gain, and fatique. I do much better now that I don't take the hormone blockers and I found a calcium supplement that makes my bones feel much stronger. But I would like to eleviate the low sex drive, weight gain and fatique. Any suggestions.

This discussion is related to Bio Identical Hormones & Breast Cancer.
1 Comment
I truly hope that you discontinued the use of the Estrogen blockers with the knowledge and approval of your Oncologist. You are taking quite a chance with recurrence since your cancer was ER positive. For the other problems you mention I think you need to consult your Gynecologist regarding them .... this wouldn't necessarily have any connection to Breast Cancer. Regards ....