Breast Cancer Community
Ease of Migration of Titanium Clip

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Ease of Migration of Titanium Clip

I had a biopsy several weeks ago and had a titanium clip inserted.  I am worried about it moving around especially if I'm exercising or whatever.  I'm afraid my husband might dislodge it if he "handles" it.  You know what I'm talking about...Do these things stay put no matter what?   Thanks for any help.
They're reference markers and are designed to remain in place... no matter what.
I had a clip left after biopsy 1+yr ago. Now I have intermittent sharp, burning pain in that spot. It comes and goes and it is sometimes VERY painful. I can't go without a bra anymore and any movement of the breast brings on the pain. I'm going to check this out as I see others w the same problem. Perhaps "we" shouldn't have these things, expecially now that I see they don't always "stay put". Migration defeats the purpose of the clip and the pain is at times, disabling.