Breast Cancer Community
FATTY LUMP UNDER RIGHT ARMPIT.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

FATTY LUMP UNDER RIGHT ARMPIT.

Hey i have a soft squishy golf ball size lump under my right arm pit .  i have went to my doctor and asked what it was they said it wasnt hard so its not cancer and its just fat. that if i work out with my right arm it should go away. well i havent tryed doing that but im pretty shure there are some surgerys a shot or something to make it go away im 16 i have DDD's & idk if that has anything to do with it but i want to be able to ware tank tops or a dress for prom i cant because one armpit sticks out more then the other. please help me!! *there is no pain its not hard it just sticks out and its squishy * :( help
My first question is "what does you Mother think about this?" Perhaps she could make an appointment for you with a Surgeon to get his/her opinion on having it removed. I'm not sure that it would go away with exercise but that might be possible. Why not try that ... you know if you did have it removed you would have some type of scar to deal with and that might be worse than what you have now. It wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion though. At 16 you aren't finished growing yet ... things may change you know.  Take care .... and don't worry about it being cancer.
yea my mom took me to the doctor she was like its just extra fat tissue it should go away well prom is next year and i dont want a big lump hangn on my armpit itsnoticable because one is normal then my other armpit is like golfball size. im not realy over weight for my high im just kinda chubby . But i need to go talk to a diffrent doctor to see what they say about surgery or a shot to bring the swelling down or something.. :( i just dnt no what to do.. ill be 17 n like 3 weeks.
I have the exact same problem. I gained weight when I was like 13 and from one day to another I noticed they were there on both sides. I never really did anything to make them go away until now. I'm now 25 and Ive had two kids. I started exercising and lost 10 lbs. I noticed that they are getting smaller. My goal is another 25 lbs and hopefully that will get rid of them for good.  I do suggest u do something about them now... Im not really sure if mine will ever go back to normal but I do wish I had done something sooner.... Ive always had large breasts too so I think that might be the cause too... Ive recently brought them from DD to D.... Good luck!!