Breast Cancer Community
Fast growing lump

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Fast growing lump

I’m 22 years old. About 2 years ago, I noticed that there’s a lump in my left breast. The doctor told me it maybe Fibroadenomas. Since there’s a big chance that it may recur, I did not take it out and the lump stop growing. Last year, I found out there is another lump in my right breast, and it grows fast! Now it has been less than 6 months, it grows bigger than the old one. I can feel the differences between the two lumps. This one is harder and sometimes painful. I scheduled an ultrasound next week with the doctor. I’m afraid that this time I have to do a surgery to remove them.

Is there any way can make the lump stop grow? Anything I should stop eating or eating more? Like stop eat or drink things that content caffeine? What should I do?
On Saturday I notice a lump.  On Monday I went to my GP.  She immediately called a breast surgeon and I'm scheduled to meet her tomorrow.
This lump has grown so fast, I'm chastizing myself for watching the movie "Aliens" over the weekend.
Seriously I'm scared about what tomorrow might bring.

A breast lump is caused due to various causes - fibroadenoma, cyst, lipoma, lymph node being the most common causes. Because the lump is fast growing - there could be super added infection too.

You could be having either of these. In rare cases is the lump malignant or cancerous.

Have you noticed any abnormal features on breast self examination like skin changes or nipple discharge?

Does the lump increase or decrease in size, pain and tenderness in relation to your menstrual periods?

It is important to get a proper clinical evaluation got done once to have a confirmed diagnosis. You would need to get a mammogram and  ultrasound if required.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.