Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Fatty tissue/lumps

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Fatty tissue/lumps

Have a lump on the back of my right arm near arm pit, my doctor told me that it is probably fatty tissue, what r these lumps called and can people get them on their backs and their legs
Dear millicent, Likely based on the location, the feel, and appearance of this lump would lead the doctor to the assessment that it is a fatty tissue lump, which could develop in any location where there is fat tissue.  Another name for it is a lipoma.  It is always a good idea to have a lump checked out by your health care provider.
Hello I am Faithful, I was writing to ask you a question. I have lumps in my breast in my Doctor said it was fatty tissue and to get exams or ultrasound every six months. I ask him could I have surgery to get the lumps removed and he said it wouldn't be necessary because surgery might make it worst. I think I should seek a second opinion. I really want these Lumps removed off my breast because they don't suppose to be there. They do not bother me or anything, they don't move, or get bigger. Their are just there and I feel unconfortable about the lumps being there because I'm afraid that it can turn into cancer. Please help me with this decision about surgery.

Thank you.
Faithful

Thank you.
Faithful
Hello I am Faithful, I was writing to ask you a question. I have lumps in my breast and my Doctor said it was fatty tissue and to get exams or ultrasound every six months. I ask him could I have surgery to get the lumps removed and he said it wouldn't be necessary because surgery might make it worst. I think I should seek a second opinion. I really want these Lumps removed off my breasts because they don't suppose to be there. They do not bother me or anything, they don't move, or get bigger. Their are just there and I feel unconfortable about the lumps being there because I'm afraid that it can turn into cancer. Please help me with this decision about surgery.

Thank you.
Faithful