Breast Cancer Community
Feels like crater in breast tissue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Feels like crater in breast tissue

In my left breast there feels like a crater in the actual tissue. It's on the other edge near the nipple. Above that there seems to be a ridge of tissue. It seems there is a small area like this on the other breast, but no where near as prominent. You can't see anything and there is nothing wrong with the skin. Any idea what that could be?
Now I'm only 16 so could it just be normal for me as my breasts grow?

If by "crater" you mean that you have noticed an indentation/dimple in your breast,I would advise you to see your doctor for evaluation,because the formation of a  lump can sometimes pull the skin into the breast causing the dimple.Dimpling can certainly occur from benign causes, but without evaluation it's impossible to speculate on what is causing this indentation.Your doctor can order an Ultrasound test to know exactly what's going on.Any changes that occur in the breast  should never be ignored no matter how young or not so young a woman is.
Please talk to your mom or someone close to you to make an appointment for you soon okay?
Take care...
Is a dimple/indentation something to do with the skin though? What I'm talking about is to do with the tissue, the skin look normal.
No, it has nothing to do with your skin.
Please type "breast indentation pictures"on your browser.
I hope it helps...

I've looked and it's not that. You can't see anything wrong with the breast at all, I can just feel a kind of dip in the tissue.

Thank you for your patience :)

Thank you for your patience :)
Hi again
Obviously this problem is really worrying you....So why not let the doctor examine you?It could be something completely harmless due to your age when hormone levels play a major role.But the best solution would be to have this change in your breast checked out so that you can stop worrying needlessly okay?
All the best...