Fibroadenoma and Diet
Hi. I have multiple fibroadenomas in both breast and recently had one removed due to size. I've noticed now that one in the other breast has gotten slightly larger...ugh. I was wondering if someone could give me advice on diet. What foods to eat, what to avoid etc. I've read that soy products are good and to cut down on fat. Is this good advice? What else should i be eating? I've totally taken caffine out of my diet as well. Thanks for your time :)
Hi.  There have been reports stating that low fat, high fiber diets, or diets high in soybean and low in caffeine are associated with a decreased incidence of fibroadenoma.  However, these reports do not present evidence that these diets directly caused the decrease in fibroadenoma occurrence. So as of now, we don't know for sure if these diets actually help.