Breast Cancer Community
Fibroadenosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Fibroadenosis

I have been diagnosed with bilateral fibroadenosis. I want to know is it normal that fibroadenoma increase in it's size. Is there a difference between Fibrocystic breast disease, fibroadenoma, and fibroadenosis. This diagnosis has been done to me after U/Ss, FNAB and breast self examination, as well I have hormonal disturbance. My right nipple where I have two fibroadenosis is sore, pinkish/redish at the tip of it's head (at the opening of the milk duct), for almost 11 month. I went to a skin specialist who advised that this is skin disease (dermatosis) and gave me local treatments + antibaoitics. I am worried that the treatment might aggravate my fibroadenosis. Please advise..
hi,
   i have never done nothing like this before i have just been told by my doctor i have got fibroadenosis and was really really confused did not really really understand i have to take evening primrose for 3 months and then go and see if there is any changes if not then i will be referred to a breast clinic.
                                                 jo age 20
i am sorry for posting this to you i have never done this before.
                 my apologies.

I just found out that I have a lump - I am 49 years old.  I want to know whether fibroadenosis is more likely to be painful.  Mine is painfull and resides in my rigth breast against my ribs.  Feels like someone punched me.... I am awaiting further tests to see whether it is cancerous.  Anyone out there who had the same kind of experience.  Is it true that cancer is painless most of the time?